The 20 pips daily candlestick breakout forex trading strategy is a price action trading system where you only need to trade once a day using the daily candlestick and your profit target is set at 20 pips.
There’s also a forex trading system called the 30 pips a day forex trading strategy which you can check out after you’ve read this.
Also check out my Free Price Action Trading Course if you are interested in trading price action.
The idea behind this trading system is this: daily candlesticks can travel 100’s of pips daily so why not just catch just a tiny portion of this daily movement?
And to do this, just trade the breakout of the high or the low of the daily candlestick.
Currency Pairs: any
Forex Indicators: you do not need any
Before you get to the trading rules….
21 OTHER BREAKOUT FOREX STRATEGIES (YOU MAY ALSO BE INTERESTED IN)
- Double Inside Bar Forex Trading Strategy
- Traders Trick Entry Trading System
- Breakout Forex Trading Strategy For GBPUSD
- 34 EMA With Trendline Breakout Forex Trading Strategy
- Trendline Breakout Forex Trading Strategy
- London Breakout Forex Trading Strategy
- 20 Pips Asian Session Breakout Forex Trading Strategy
- False Breakout Forex Trading Strategy
- Bollinger Band Breakout Forex Trading Strategy
- New York Breakout Forex Trading Strategy
- Momentum Breakout Forex Trading Strategy
- 30 Min ATR Breakout Forex Trading Strategy
- Resistance Level Breakout Forex Trading Strategy
- 1 Hr USDJPY Forex Trading Strategy-Simple Asian Breakout Forex Strategy
- Asian Session High Low Breakout Forex Trading Strategy
- Support Level Breakout Forex Trading System
- Trendline Breakout Forex Trading Strategy With 200 EMA
- Fractal Breakout Forex Trading Strategy With MACD Indicator
- Trendline Breakout Trading Strategy With Awesome Oscillator
- 2 Doji Candlesticks Forex Breakout Strategy
- Daily High Low Forex Trading Strategy
20 PIPS DAILY CANDLESTICK BREAKOUT FOREX STRATEGY TRADING RULES
It is advised that you do not trade if the daily candlestick breakout happens during the Asian forex trading session. Why? Because, it usually has low trading volume and lack the the momentum required to accelerate price movement.
But if the daily candlestick breakout happens during the London forex session, there’s a great chance that whatever the breakout direction price makes will be the direction it will maintain for that day.
- Place buy stop pending order 2-3 pips above the high of the daily candlestick.
- Place your stop loss 20 pips
- Place your take profit target 20 pips.
- Repeat the process next day
- place a pending sell stop order 2-3 pips below the low of the daily candlestick
- place your stop loss 20 pips
- place your take profit target 20 pips
- repeat the process the next day.
HERE’S THE TRADE EXAMPLE:
ADVANTAGES OF THIS FOREX STRATEGY
- this forex strategy would suit a housewife forex trader who stays at home and looks after children as it takes less time and less effort because its a set and forget trading system
- or it can suit a trader that has a day job and has no time to watch the charts so before you go to work, just place your pending orders and go to work. Check the next day what happened…
- many traders trade the breakouts of the highs and lows of daily candlesticks so if a high/low breakout happens, there’s likely chance of your profit target being hit easily because its just only 20 pips.
DISADVANTAGES OF THIS DAILY BREAKOUT FOREX TRADING STRATEGY
- in a low volume/volatility period (mostly happens in asian trading session but sometimes can also happen in london and new your trading session), you may get a breakout that will trigger your pending order but then price heads the opposite way once that order is triggered and you will get stopped out.
- 1:1 risk reward. I really don’t like trading systems that give one to one risk to reward. This means that for every 100 dollars you risk trading, you win 100 dollars (if you win). But having said that, you may like it, that’s why I’ve shared this forex strategy with you here 🙂
“The four most dangerous words in investing are: ‘this time it’s different.'” – Sir John Templeton
By the way, be kind and share this site or the 20 pips daily candlestick breakout forex trading strategy with your friends by clicking those sharing buttons below. Thanks.
Thank you, every trader should develop his/her strategy that works for him/her through the knowledge acquired here.
I like the 20 PIPS DAILY CANDLESTICK BREAKOUT FOREX STRATEGY TRADING RULES – See more at: http://forextradingstrategies4u.com/20-pips-daily-candlestick-breakout-forex-strategy/#sthash.VMUrAlnM.D477lTPJ.dpuf… i want learn it
There is a similar strategy with EA which is covering your strategy. Quantina Daily High Low EA
but what would be your suggestion when should I use it and when not? Thanks